Introduction

An Introduction To Baroque Art In 12 Works One subject I am constantly curious about is the Baroque period. The art is so real and so raw. The emotions in the way the painters let their brushes flow really inspires me. It has me questioning how the artists capture these emotions so well. How do they capture the facial expressions? How do they create emotion through body language? In this exhibition, I will be researching and exploring these questions. I also find myself pondering specifically what emotions the Baroque artists create. Is it sadness and vulnerability? Lust and romance? Happiness and serenity? Anger and violence? How do the materials help to create these emotions? Does a realistic oil painting express sadness more efficiently than a mosaic tile piece? Throughout this exhibition, I will explain what materials these artists use as well as how they use them. Oil paintings are the most common, so that will be the primary focus of the research. I will also include other various art pieces from the baroque period, for example sculptures or murals. One topic following along with the question of, “how materials create emotion?”, is how does the location play into the creation of emotion. I know many Baroque pieces included murals. This being murals on cathedral ceilings, walls, and more. I will also research and define how colors play into emotions. What kind of emotions do the dark red wine colors, deep blues, and heavy shading create? How effective are the color choices in these pieces? Do paintings feel more somber when they have heavy shading vs. light shading? How do the colors and techniques create intensity versus serenity? There are many sub-subjects I have researched under the topic of emotions. I can’t wait for you all to experience this exhibition, and I hope you all enjoy my road to discovery surrounding the brilliant Baroque art period.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exhibition Piece 4

Exhibition Piece 6

Exhibition Piece 1